HMS Daring, the world's most advanced destroyer and the Royal Navy's newest warship, presents some interesting facts.
* More than 2.25 million man hours have been spent fitting out the ship.
* The hull structure is made of 2,800 tonnes of steel - more than the weight of the Blackpool Tower.
* Approximately 40 tonnes of paint have been applied to cover an area of 100,000 square meters of steel.
* The Sea Viper air defence missile is the size of a public phone box, weighs almost as much as a small car and from launch accelerates to a speed twice that of Concorde in under 10 seconds.
* Daring's 152m length is equivalent to more than 16 buses and she is as high as an electricity pylon.
* The ship's onboard power plant can supply enough electricity to light a city the size of Leicester.
* Its fuel tanks have a volume equivalent to approximately half that of an Olympic swimming pool.
* Daring contains 220 beds, 26 sofa beds, 22 single beds and has its own hospital facilities complete with operating table.
* It is fitted with one bath, 44 showers, 54 toilets and 100 wash basins.
* Enough carpet has been fitted to cover nearly two five-a-side football pitches.
* It is fitted with enough electrical cable to circle the M25 motorway three times and has 404 telephones onboard.Reuse content