The Duke of Edinburgh is "much better" following his exploratory abdominal operation, the Prince of Wales has said.
Charles smiled as he gave an update on his father's condition after he visited the 92-year-old in hospital this evening.
Philip received a flurry of family visits during the day and at one point had the Prince and his wife the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry with him.
Earlier in the day his granddaughters Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie also made a trip to the hospital.
The Queen's consort was operated on at the London Clinic last week and tests were due to have been carried out on the results of the procedure.
Buckingham Palace said tonight there was no update to the statement they released on Monday that said the Duke was "comfortable and in good spirits" following his operation last Friday.
But as Charles left the hospital, after a visit that lasted 35 minutes, he looked relaxed and smiled, and when asked by the waiting media how his father was, said "much better".
The heir to the throne arrived with Camilla around 15 minutes before his sons William and Harry.
The royal brothers stayed on after their father and stepmother left and spent around 40 minutes with their grandfather. They left without making any comment to a large crowd that had gathered outside the central London hospital.
The Palace said in their statement released on Monday that the Duke "will remain in hospital for up to two weeks, and it is expected he will then be taking a period of convalescence of approximately two months".
Philip will miss the Trooping the Colour ceremony tomorrow and next week's events like the traditional Garter service at Windsor Castle and Royal Ascot.