Wedding and funeral fees to rise
Wednesday 08 February 2012
Fees for church weddings are to rise by 40 per cent and the cost of a funeral service by more than half.
Members of the Church of England voted to increase the cost of a wedding from £296 to £415 from January next year.
The cost of a funeral service in church will also increase, from £102 to £160, a 57 per cent rise.
The new fees include the costs of lighting and administration for the first time but do not take into account other charges such as heating, vergers and services such as organists and bellringers.
The price rises come in spite of warnings from some members of the General Synod that poorer couples could be priced out of a Church of England wedding.
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£33000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£110 - £135 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Teaching opportunites in t...
£21000 - £32000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Primary Teaching opp...
£21000 - £32000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Primary School teach...