Man, 26, arrested over Rachel Nickell murder
Monday 10 August 1992
The man, from the Sefton Park area of Liverpool, was arrested at 7pm and will be taken to a south London police station for questioning today.
Ms Nickell, 23, a former model, was assualted and stabbed on 15 July as she was walking on Wimbledon Common with her son Alex, who is three this week. He was found clinging to her body. Scotland Yard said last night that it was consulting Hampshire police about possible connections between Ms Nickell's attack and the murder of Katie Rackliff, a 19-year-old hair dresser.
Her half-naked body was found in June near a cemetery in Farnborough.
Evidence from both cases will be sent to Paul Brittan, a Home Office psychologist, who will look for similarities in the cases.
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for the murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
More than 200 flights delayed and cancelled at Heathrow as air traffic control problem affects airports across Britain
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£34999 - £43001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top 10 firm in ...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Software E...
£45000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + 28 days holiday: Harrington Starr: Java In...
£40000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + 28 days holiday: Harrington Starr: Senior ...