George Osborne 'wants Foreign Secretary post' if Conservatives win next election
Reports suggest William Hague may quit post next year
Thursday 01 May 2014
George Osborne wants to become Foreign Secretary if the Conservatives form the next Government, it’s been claimed.
The Spectator magazine reported that Mr Osborne was looking for a move from Chancellor because “George likes to be where the action is”.
If elected, a Conservative Government would seek to renegotiate the UK’s membership of the European Union and then hold a referendum on whether to stay or leave the 28-nation bloc.
Some 47 per cent of people are now satisfied with Mr Osborne’s performance with 44 per cent dissatisfied, a considerable turnaround for a politician whose approval rating was once minus 32 points and who was booed at the Paralympic Games in London in 2012.
A No.10 aide recently told The Spectator that “George is not a liability any more”.
The Spectator speculated that Mr Osborne would not be “eyeing up the Foreign Office” if he thought William Hague, the current Foreign Secretary, was still going to be there after the 2015 election.
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
£25k + commission + benefits: Savvy Media Ltd: Find a job you love and never h...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: CORPORATE - Corporate Solicitor NQ+ An excelle...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...