How country would have divided on Norwich swing
David Cameron would be swept into 10 Downing Street with a Commons majority of 218 if the Norwich North result was repeated across the country at the next General Election, Press Association analysis shows.
The Tories would have 434 MPs, with Labour on 107, Liberal Democrats 79 and others 30.
It is assumed that there is no change to figures for the SNP, Plaid Cymru and minor party seats.
The Buckingham constituency of Speaker John Bercow is included with the Conservatives, and Glasgow North East, where there is a by-election pending, with Labour.
The calculations are based on new boundaries - coming in at the next General Election - using estimates by Professors Colin Rallings and Michael Thrasher, of Plymouth University, on how voting in constituencies would have divided if the changes had been in force in 2005.
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
David Cameron sets out immigration reforms: We should distrust Ukip and their 'snake-oil of simple solutions'
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
£30k - 38k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: An award-winning consume...
£40k - 45k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...
£30k - 35k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We’re currently re...
£35k - 45k per year + benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...