'No one wants a prat like me as PM' says Boris Johnson
Thursday 09 August 2012
Boris Johnson dismissed talk of him becoming the next Prime Minister yesterday as he joked: "How could anybody elect a prat who gets stuck in a zip wire?"
The question was repeatedly asked of the London Mayor during an ITV interview which showed footage of him hanging over a crowd of people at Victoria Park, east London, for several minutes last week after a zip wire he was travelling on became jammed. "There you have got it, how on earth could you elect that guy?" he said.
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£30000 - £35000 per annum: May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're an ambi...
£43000 - £50000 per annum + £5K Car Allowance + Bens : May & Stephens Recrui...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + Bens : May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're...
£16000 - £23000 per annum + OTE £23k - £45k: Connex Education: Connex Educatio...