Tories maintain overall control at Herefordshire Council with landslide victory in latest by-election
Tories defended overall control at Herefordshire Council with a landslide victory in a previously marginal seat.
The result at Ross on Wye West was a disappointment for Liberal Democrats who have the ward's other seat but came last behind an independent this time.
There was some cheer for Lib Dems when they held on at Highbridge and Burnham Marine, Sedgemoor District, Somerset.
This week's contests came in two marginal Commons seats: Tory Hereford and Herefordshire South and Lib Dem Wells.
Herefordshire County - Ross on Wye West: C 695, Ind 312, Lib Dem 270. (May 2011 - Two seats Lib Dem 617, C 597, Ind 522, Ind 503, C 383, Lib Dem 368, It's Our County 97). C hold. Swing 16.7% Lib Dem to C.
Sedgemoor District - Highbridge and Burnham Marine: Lib Dem 379, C 288, Ind 253, Lab 249, Ind 68. (May 2011 - Lib Dem 782, No description 705, Ind 543, Lib Dem 528, C 516, Lib Dem 511, C 473, 471, Lab 451, 379, 351). Lib Dem hold. Swing 0.8% C to Lib Dem.
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: This is a senior appointment with huge potent...
£28000 - £31500 per annum + benefits: Randstad Education Newcastle: Permanent ...
£50000 - £58000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus: Progressive Recruitment: SAP F...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + BENS: Progressive Recruitment: Drupal Developer A ...