Video: Chris Huhne denying charges last year
Monday 04 February 2013
Back in February last year Liberal Democrat MP Chris Huhne stood down from his role as the Energy and Climate Change Secretary.
Speaking outside court at the time Huhne said that he was innocent of allegations claiming that he had perverted the course of justice and that he intended to fight them.
However, it has now emerged that Huhne has changed his plea to guilty after entering a formal not guilty plea only last week.
The MP for Eastleigh in Hampshire will also be stepping down from Parliament.
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.