Teenager 'admitted killing at shop'
Tuesday 05 October 1993
The teenager gunned down an innocent bystander at point-blank range during an armed robbery on a corner shop in Hammersmith, west London, in February this year, the court was told.
The victim, Amaranath Bandaratilleke, 32, a legal clerk, known to his friends as Nath Banda, was visiting the family who ran the shop.
Dorian Lovell-Pank, for the prosecution, said Mr Banda was shot in the chest when left alone in the shop with the 16-year-old. 'The Crown's case is that this was a deliberate, cold- blooded shooting.'
The court was told the teenager later made a tearful confession to his sister, who told her parents. The father and son then went to Hammersmith police station so he could give himself up. The teenager claimed the sawn-off shotgun he was carrying went off by accident.
The 16-year-old, from Hammersmith, pleaded not guilty to murder. Sam Perman, 18, of Ravenscourt Gardens, Hammersmith, who is said to have taken part in the robbery, also denies murder.
The trial continues.
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela's death: South Africa and the world mourns loss of Nelson Mandela
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...