Flesh mob dive in for charity
Monday 20 June 2011
Four hundred people stripped naked and plunged into the sea in an attempt to break the world record for the biggest skinny dip.
Swimmers came from all over the country to brave the chill waters off Rhossili beach, on the Gower Peninsula in Wales, early yesterday morning.
The existing record is believed to be 250 naked bathers in one location, and organisers of the find-raising event plan to submit it to adjudicators at Guinness World Records.
To qualify for the record, bathers had to wade into the water until it was up to their waists and stay there, shivering, for 10 minutes.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: VB.NET SQL CSS Develop...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£21000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Graduate QA/Graduate T...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (MySQL, ...