Trending: One man's quest to rid the streets of posh pooches' poop goes transatlantic
Libor-fixing, central London houses left empty as investment vehicles, non-dom tax rates... there are plenty of reasons to dislike London's ultra-rich. But perhaps the one that most offends regular folk's sensibilities regards dog muck. And the non-picking-up of.
In the London borough of Kensington and Chelsea, home to many of Britain's super-wealthy, you'll notice a disproportionate amount of fecal matter from dogs whose owners presumably consider themselves above handling such things.
Then, a few months ago, signs appeared on High Street Kensington, home of The Independent, asking "Tired of This?" and urging locals to report on those not clearing up after their pups.
The campaign, led by Paul Goodlad, went transatlantic this week when the venerable New Yorker magazine took an interest.
"I'm not a dog-hater – we have a springer spaniel, Inca," Goodlad told the magazine. "But we always pick up after her. You wouldn't want to change someone else's child's nappy, would you?"
He's certainly got a point. If you want to shop a dog owner – nationwide, not just in Kensington – visit NoDogDo.com.
That's some guestlist! Stunning images show huge dynastic wedding between Ultra-Orthodox Jewish families which attracted 25,000 guests
'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
German chancellor Angela Merkel named most powerful woman in the world by Forbes - again
World news in pictures
Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.