Bradley Manning lawyers open defence in Wikileaks court martial in Maryland
Monday 08 July 2013
Lawyers for Pfc Bradley Manning, who gave classified information to WikiLeaks, have opened their defence at his court martial in Maryland.
As the trial in Fort Meade entered its sixth week, Pfc Manning’s defence team asked the military judge to acquit him of seven charges for lack of evidence.
The government has until Thursday to respond, then Colonel Denise Lind will rule.
The defence seeks acquittal on the most serious charge of aiding the enemy, a computer fraud charge and as many as five counts of theft. The case continues.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
Rapper Ja Rule forced to deny leaving his wife for prison cell mate
Paul Walker autopsy: Results reveal Fast and Furious star's cause of death
Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
UK weather: Thousands evacuated as biggest tidal surge in 60 years threatens England's east coast
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: VB.NET SQL CSS Develop...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£21000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Graduate QA/Graduate T...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (MySQL, ...