Corvette: Texas man and his dog die from heat exhaustion after getting trapped in luxury car

James Rogers died after the vehicle's locking system malfunctioned

Click to follow
The Independent US

A Texas man has died his inside his dream sports car, alongside his pet dog, after the vehicle's lock malfunctioned and the pair perished from heat exhaustion.

Report said 72-year James Rogers, from the city of Port Arthur, died inside his Corvette, with his dog Leia, when the locking system malfunctioned.

Reports said such incidents were not uncommon with the model of car and that there is a manual release switch that allows users to bypass the battery. Mr Rogers was apparently not aware of that, according to KBMT-TV.

Mr Rogers had reportedly just stopped off at a local restaurant. He had accidentally left his phone inside the restaurant, so was unable to call for help.

Comments