The hotel maid who says former International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn sexually assaulted her in a Manhattan hotel room has broken her silence over the alleged attack.
Nafissatou Diallo, 32, said Strauss-Kahn grabbed and attacked her as she implored him to stop.
"I said, 'Sir, stop this. I don't want to lose my job'. He said, 'You're not going to lose your job'," Nafissatou Diallo told Newsweek in a cover story posted online. ABC News said it would broadcast an interview with her on three of its programmes today.
"I push him. I get up. I wanted to scare him. I said, 'Look, there is my supervisor right there'," Ms Diallo told Newsweek. But Strauss-Kahn said no-one was there to hear, she said, and he went on to pull up her uniform dress, tear down her pantyhose, grab her indecently, then grip her head and force her to perform a sex act on him.
Strauss-Kahn denies the attempted rape accusation and his lawyers called the interviews "an unseemly circus" designed to inflame public opinion.
Ms Diallo had rebuffed media attempts to interview her since Strauss-Kahn's May 14 arrest.
The interviews come with the case against Strauss-Kahn in limbo after Manhattan prosecutors raised doubts about the housekeeper's overall credibility.
They said on July 1 she had lied about her life story and was not consistent about what she did right after Strauss-Kahn allegedly attacked her in his suite at the Sofitel hotel .
The disclosures have prompted her lawyer, Kenneth Thompson, to criticise prosecutors publicly and press them to keep going with the case.
Ms Diallo told Newsweek she wants Strauss-Kahn held accountable and she was going public to tell a story she said had never wavered.
"It never changed. I know what this man do to me," she told the magazine, adding that she wanted to counter what she felt were misleading portrayals of her.
"Because of him they call me a prostitute," said Ms Diallo, who has sued the New York Post over stories in which anonymous sources said she sold sex for money. The newspaper has said it stands by its reporting.
"I want him to go to jail. I want him to know there are some places you cannot use your power, you cannot use your money."
In a preview of ABC's interview posted online, Ms Diallo said she never wanted to be in the public eye but had no choice amid questions about her credibility.
The Newsweek interview also said she had not ruled out trying to make money from the situation, a suggestion that a lawsuit could be forthcoming.
The Guinean immigrant told Newsweek a room-service waiter told her Strauss-Kahn's suite was empty around noon on May 14, so she knocked on the door and said, "Hello? Housekeeping".
When he appeared in a hallway naked, she said, "I'm so sorry" and turned to leave - but he said, "You don't have to be sorry", closed the suite door and advanced on her "like a crazy man", she said.
She told a grand jury that after the alleged attack, she cowered in a hallway and watched Strauss-Kahn leave, then told a supervisor. Prosecutors said earlier this month that she later told them she actually had gone on cleaning rooms, including his then-empty suite, before consulting her supervisor.
Ms Diallo told Newsweek she was disoriented and went into the rooms briefly before a supervisor came across her and asked why she was upset. She denied changing her account.
Strauss-Kahn, widely seen as a potential French presidential candidate before his arrest, was pulled off a plane and arrested hours later.
"Ms Diallo is the first accuser in history to conduct a media campaign to persuade a prosecutor to pursue charges against a person from whom she wants money," his lawyers, Benjamin Brafman and William Taylor, said in a statement that blasted Mr Thompson as unprofessional.
"Her lawyers know that her claim for money suffers a fatal blow when the criminal charges are dismissed, as they must be."
Mr Thompson fired back with a statement of his own, saying Strauss-Kahn's lawyers "have conducted an unprecedented smear campaign against the victim of a violent sexual attack". He noted that they have said whatever happened in the suite was not forced.
"We are dealing with a brutal sexual attack, a mountain of physical evidence, a victim who spoke out immediately, and numerous corroborating witnesses," Mr Thompson said.
The Manhattan District Attorney's communications chief, Erin Duggan, said the investigation was continuing and declined to discuss the case further.