'Drug-trafficking' planes seized in Venezuela
Monday 15 February 2010
Authorities discovered 28 airplanes in central Venezuela that were presumably being used by drug traffickers.
A security official from central Guarico state said the planes were found inside a hangar on the outskirts of El Sombrero.
The town is located in a rural area about 143 miles from Caracas.
Hedy Ramirez told the state-run ABN news agency that federal police and National Guard troops took control of the hangar and impounded the planes while investigations proceed.
The planes are mostly small aircraft typically used by drug runners.
Venezuela is a major hub for traffickers smuggling Colombian cocaine to the United States and Europe.
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...