Ex-death row Briton Ken Richey back in court
Monday 07 May 2012
A man released from prison four years ago after spending two decades
on Ohio's death row will learn today whether he will be going go back to
Ken Richey, from Scotland, faces up to three years in prison when he's sentenced for threatening a judge in the Ohio village of Ottawa who prosecuted his original case.
Richey pleaded guilty to a felony retaliation charge last month. He says he'd been drinking heavily before he left a threatening phone message and regrets calling from his Mississippi home on New Year's Eve.
Richey was on death row for 21 years after being convicted of setting a fire that killed a two-year-old girl in 1986.
A US court determined his lawyers mishandled the case and he was set free in 2008 under a plea deal.
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£90 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Science Teacher (mater...
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for an ...
£22000 - £37000 per annum: Randstad Education Leeds: A West Yorkshire School i...