Man hands 94 hamsters over to animal shelter
Sunday 15 January 2012
A man has turned over 94 hamsters to a local animal shelter, telling officials he was running out of room in his apartment.
The director of the shelter in the US state of Massachusetts said the rodents were well cared for and will make nice pets.
Shelter director Mike Keiley told the Eagle-Tribune that the hamsters' owner, whom he didn't identify, stopped by this month and said he had a lot of hamsters to surrender.
A Lawrence animal control officer said the man was "overwhelmed" when officials came to get the hamsters on Friday, and initially wanted to keep a few. But she said he changed his mind.
Officials said the man started keeping the hamsters about five years ago.
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- < Previous
- Next >
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: The Organisation: The Green Recrui...
£350 - £400 per annum + competitive: Orgtel: Project Manager (specializing in ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Embedded Sof...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Working for a m...