Mayweather fights losing battle over jail food
Friday 15 June 2012
A judge in Las Vegas has denied a request by the boxer Floyd Mayweather Jnr that he be released from jail because of the poor-quality food being served to him there.
Justice of the Peace Melissa Saragosa wrote in her decision late on Wednesday that water has been made available to Mayweather around the clock and the only reason he isn't eating properly is because he refuses the provided meals.
A mere 10 days after Mayweather turned himself in to begin a three-month sentence for domestic violence, his legal team claimed the undefeated champion might never fight again because he was getting out of shape.
"It's jail," Prosecutor Lisa Luzaich scoffed during a court hearing on Tuesday. "Where did he think he was going? The Four Seasons?"
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
N Korea confirms removal of Kim Jong-un’s 'depraved' uncle Jang Song Thaek
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
Initially paid internship designed to lead to full-time job: Inspiring Interns...
£29999 - £35001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Top 10 firm in L...
£30000 - £45000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: This leading Top 10 practice...
£45000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Audit Senior - C...