Mexican immigrant sues gay sheriff
A Mexican immigrant who had a romantic relationship with an Arizona sheriff has filed a $1m (£635,000) notice of claim against him and the county.
Last month, Sheriff Paul Babeu – who is running for a congressional seat in a conservative district – announced he was gay and had once had a relationship with Jose Orozco while the immigrant was a campaign volunteer.
Mr Orozco has accused the sheriff of threatening to deport him if he revealed their relationship. Mr Babeu has denied any wrongdoing and has asked for an independent investigation.
Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, George Osborne told
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Brazil kicks off: World Cup excess draws hundreds of thousands to street protests
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 4 Viral video straps colt .45 handgun to a home-use drone
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
Negotiable Depending on Experience: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green R...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: Dear Sumadhab, A growing engineering comp...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Ilford: We are currently recruiting for a Year ...