Tragedy as father shoots dead 'burglar' before realising it's his son
Friday 28 September 2012
A man fatally shot a masked teenager in self-defence outside his neighbour's house during what appeared to be an attempted burglary and then discovered it was his son, Connecticut police said.
Troopers said 15-year-old Tyler Giuliano was killed by his father at around 1am in New Fairfield, a town of about 15,000 residents in the New York metropolitan area.
Authorities said a woman in the house believed someone was breaking in and called the teenager's father, Jeffrey Giuliano, who lives next door. The father grabbed a gun.
Troopers said Mr Giuliano confronted the teenager, who was wearing a ski mask and black clothing. They say the father fired his gun when the youth went at him with a weapon.
No charges have been filed against the father.
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...