US cat that's gone for the long stretch
Thursday 21 October 2010
A cat in Reno, Nevada, has broken the Guinness world record for the longest domestic cat.
A five-year-old Maine coon named Stewie was certified as the new record holder after measuring slightly more than 48.5 inches (1.23 metres) long from the tip of his nose to the tip of his tail bone, The Reno Gazette-Journal reported. The record was previously held by another Maine coon that measured 48 inches.
Stewie's owners, Robin Hendrickson and Erik Brandsness, say they decided to put their pet up for the record after countless people commented on Stewie's length.
- 1 Enrique Iglesias injured trying to catch a drone mid concert
- 2 Caitlyn Jenner, formerly Bruce Jenner, reveals new look on Annie Leibovitz shot Vanity Fair cover
- 3 Arsenal players boo chief-executive Ivan Gazidis after being told they would not get bonus for FA Cup triumph
- 4 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 5 UK weather: Temperatures set to soar making parts of Britain hotter than parts of the Mediterranean
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Michael Gove determined to scrap the Human Rights Act – even if Scotland retains it
Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
Threat to scrap Human Rights Act could see UK follow Nazi example, warns UN official
Why this year's general election was the most unfair in Britain's history
£26000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A luxury beauty house with a nu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This company are currently recruiting new exp...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award winning Property Man...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has ari...