Bo Xilai scandal 'hurt China's national image'
Tuesday 19 June 2012
A scandal that toppled one of China's most powerful politicians dealt a heavy blow to the reputation of the nation and its ruling Communist Party, a senior official said yesterday, in an unusually candid appraisal of China's messiest political upheaval in years.
Zhang Dejiang, who replaced the disgraced Bo Xilai as leader of the south-western city of Chongqing, said the Bo case "brought serious damage to the image of the country and the party."
Mr Bo was dismissed in March after his former police chief fled to a US consulate and divulged suspicions that Mr Bo's wife had been involved in the death last November of Neil Heywood, a British businessman.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity' claims
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior QA Engineer Tes...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: C# .NET Developer (P...
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...