In pictures: Volcanic eruptions of Mount Sinabung in Sumatra causes up to 4,300 residents to be evacuated
Friday 15 November 2013
The volcano has been erupting for several days, spewing ash and lava 2.5 miles into the sky.
Villagers from five villages in North Sumatra had to leave their houses and head to a temporary evacuation center n Karo district, South Sumatra, Indonesia.
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Trevor Noah: Jon Stewart's replacement faces online criticism over 'anti-Semitic' tweets
- 3 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 4 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 5 Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'
Costa Concordia: Shipment of Mob drugs was hidden aboard cruise liner when it hit rocks off Italian coast, investigators say
Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
University of Cambridge: Remains of 1,300 scholars are found under building
Jeremy Clarkson 'could be given minder' ahead of a potential Top Gear return
Turkey power cut: Prime Minister says nationwide blackout could be caused by terrorists
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A vacancy has arisen for a keen...
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to expansion, this multi-ac...
£21000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity for an e...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This leading supplier of compliance software a...