Man sucked into aircraft engine
Monday 08 August 2011
A 51-year-old engineer working at a New Zealand aircraft testing centre was sucked into an engine and killed.
Domestic carrier Air New Zealand said the man was performing routine maintenance on a Lockheed C-130 Hercules engine at the Woodbourne airfield in Blenheim when the tragedy happened.
An Air New Zealand spokeswoman said the engine was sitting on a stand without propellors attached and was not fixed to a plane at the time.
Tasman Police communications manager Barbara Dunn said emergency services performed CPR but could not revive the man.
The man worked for a Safe Air, a subsidiary of Air New Zealand.
- 1 Andreas Lubitz: Who is Germanwings co-pilot who 'locked out captain and crashed flight 9525'?
- 2 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 3 Germanwings crash: Descent may have been 'deliberate, suicidal choice' by pilot, claims experts
- 4 Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 5 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice
Nigel Farage brands LGBT activists 'filth' and 'scum' and accuses them of scaring away his children after they invade his local pub
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Russia threatens Denmark with nuclear weapons if it tries to join Nato defence shield
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Vote Ukip, says far-right group Britain First
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique opportunity to...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Trainee Managers are required to join the UK's...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will maximise the effective...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + uncapped commission : SThree: Hello! I know most ...