Nothing gruff about Gary the Australian goat after court victory
Every goat has his day, and today was Gary’s. He waited patiently outside a Sydney court as his owner, Jimbo Bazoobi, contested charges arising from Gary’s decision to snack on a flower bed outside the city’s Museum of Contemporary Art last August.
Mr Bazoobi, a comedian, was fined A$440 (£290) for vandalising vegetation, but was cleared after his lawyer argued that police should have fined Gary, not his owner. Magistrate Carolyn Barkell said there was no evidence Mr Bazoobi had put his goat up to the act and dismissed all charges.
Mr Bazoobi said that he was happy Gary’s name had been cleared.
- 1 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
Mohammed Emwazi: Nine things we know about Isis militant 'Jihadi John'
What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
'Jihadi John': Mohammed Emwazi – from British computer programmer to Isis executioner
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an innovative a...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Production Technician is required to join a ...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity for a Ne...
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: A very rare high level opportunity with a fir...