Streaker fined for royal flash at the Queen Down Under
Wednesday 15 February 2012
A streaker was fined AU$750 (£510) yesterday for mooning at the Queen and Prince Philip on a royal visit.
Barman Liam Lloyd Warriner, 22, clenched an Australian flag between his bare buttocks and ran for 50 metres alongside the royal motorcade as it drove past well-wishers in Queensland, Australia, last October. It is not clear whether the couple spotted him. Warriner, of Sydney, admitted a charge of creating a public nuisance. Prosecutors had asked for a AU$1,000 fine.
He told police it was a political protest to show his contempt for the monarch and elitist groups, Brisbane magistrates were told.
Warriner remained unrepentant after the hearing and said: "Any self-important, self-propagating elitist, I will happily bare my buttocks to."
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + 30 days holiday: Ashdown Group: Finance Manager - ...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: 3rd Line Support Engineer / Network ...
£26000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Web Developer is required to ...