Canada agrees political reform
Thursday 09 July 1992
Provincial premiers agreed to turn Canada's appointed senate into an elected upper house with equal representation for each province and powers to veto legislation.
The package includes a shift of power away from Ottawa to the provinces. Quebec, which has boycotted the talks since a previous plan collapsed in 1990, is to hold a referendum on sovereignty by 26 October.
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
Sally Farmiloe dead: Howards' Way actress, and former mistress of Jeffrey Archer, dies aged 60
Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
Australian model Robyn Lawley stages naked protest against huge coal mine seven times the size of Sydney Harbour
Drew Barrymore’s sister Jessica found dead in her car surrounded by 'dozens of white pills'
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
- < Previous
- Next >
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: SAP PROJECT MAN...
£50000 per annum + benefits: Progressive Recruitment: A unique and rare opport...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Secretary (Sales Team Support) - Mat...
£21804 - £31868 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Qualified and experi...