Boeing 737 in emergency landing at Ireland's Cork Airport due to 'suspected fuel leak'
The Air Contractors Limited flight was carrying 144 passengers at the time
Wednesday 25 June 2014
A Boeing 737 with 144 passengers and six crew has been forced to make an emergency landing due to a "suspected fuel leak" at Cork Airport.
The drama happened shortly before midnight at Cork Airport in Ireland.
The pilot of the holiday flight from Belfast to Reus in Spain declared the emergency landing because of a suspected fuel leak, an airport spokesman said.
"We activated our emergency plan but the plane landed safely," the spokesman said.
"The plane is grounded subject to inspection but it's not thought there was a leak."
The passengers, flying with Air Contractors Limited, were being accommodated in hotels overnight.
It is expected they will be able to get away on their holidays today.
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights
Lana Del Rey: 'I have slept with a lot of guys in the industry'
Peaches Geldof cause of death: 'Heroin addict' socialite had taken fatal dose of drug, inquest concludes
Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she lied to husband about failed heroin tests
Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Was a Russian-made missile really parked in this quiet square?
£49000 - £55000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client is...
£48000 - £54000 per annum + Benefits package: Progressive Recruitment: My clie...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: If you're pa...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: SAP Business...