Bomb details on lost memory stick
Thursday 20 November 2008
A Swedish soldier has been convicted of negligence and fined 21,000 kronor (£1730) for leaving a USB memory stick with military secrets in a public computer.
The Stockholm court says the memory stick contained classified information about improvised explosive devices in Afghanistan. It was found by an unidentified person at a university in Stockholm and handed over to investigators.
The 31-year-old soldier admits accidentally leaving the USB stick in the computer, but claims he wasn't aware the information was classified. It wasn't immediately clear whether he would appeal.
Wednesday's ruling says he acquired the information while serving as a peacekeeper in Afghanistan in 2006 and was supposed to have handed it in when his mission ended.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£38000 - £45000 per annum + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Audit Senior - To...
£45500 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: Have you been thinking about taking t...
£50000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ Dev...
£30000 - £45000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: This leading Top 10 practice...