Bomb details on lost memory stick
Thursday 20 November 2008
A Swedish soldier has been convicted of negligence and fined 21,000 kronor (£1730) for leaving a USB memory stick with military secrets in a public computer.
The Stockholm court says the memory stick contained classified information about improvised explosive devices in Afghanistan. It was found by an unidentified person at a university in Stockholm and handed over to investigators.
The 31-year-old soldier admits accidentally leaving the USB stick in the computer, but claims he wasn't aware the information was classified. It wasn't immediately clear whether he would appeal.
Wednesday's ruling says he acquired the information while serving as a peacekeeper in Afghanistan in 2006 and was supposed to have handed it in when his mission ended.
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
£7 - £10 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This care provider is looking for Home ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading web des...
£27000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A growing, successful, friendly...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This family owned, independent ...