Dutch political party PVND formed by paedophiles disbanded
Monday 15 March 2010
A Dutch political party formed by self-described pedophiles has voted to disband itself after failing for the second time to participate in national elections in June.
The group, which sought to lower the age of sexual consent to 12, says it could not get the 600 signatures necessary to win a place on the ballot in a country of 16.5 million. It would need 60,000 votes to win a seat in the 150-member Dutch parliament.
The party also failed to meet the threshold in 2006, when its creation caused international outrage
The group's founders said today that the debate about the party had prevented any substantive discussion of its goals.
The Party for Brotherly Love, Freedom and Diversity, known by its Dutch acronym PVND, said members voted yesterday to dissolve.
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
The ten coldest places on Earth
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Krokodil in Mexico? Teenager hospitalised after 'injecting drug into her genitals'
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
£25000 per annum: Harrington Starr: IT Infrastructure Engineer (Desktop, Linux...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: PHP Deve...
£35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: NOC Engineer (Desktop Support, Exchange Se...
£320 - £350 per day + extension beyond: PCR Recruitment Limited: Systems Engin...