Polish president 'won't sign EU treaty'
Thursday 08 October 2009
Poland's President Lech Kaczynski will not sign the European Union's Lisbon Treaty on Sunday, his twin brother Jaroslaw said today, contradicting an earlier statement from a presidential aide.
"This is all media speculation. If (the aide Aleksander) Szczyglo really said this, it means he is misinformed. According to what I know, and I have knowledge of this, this won't happen on Sunday," Jaroslaw Kaczynski told a news conference.
Jaroslaw Kaczynski is known to exercise influence over his brother and heads Poland's main opposition party.
A second presidential aide, Pawel Wypych, also told Reuters he did not expect the president to sign the treaty on Sunday.
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
Not specified: Selby Jennings: VP/SVP Credit Quant Top tier investment bank i...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Marketing Executiv...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: An international organisa...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Internal Recruiter -Rugby, Warwicksh...