Samaras plea for more time rejected
Monday 27 August 2012
Germany's Economy Minister Philipp Rösler rejected calls yesterday for Greece to get more time to implement economic reforms.
Rösler, the Vice-Chancellor, said Greece needs to stick to the time plan outlined in the bailout deal reached with its creditors. Greece's Prime Minister, Antonis Samaras, had told the German Chancellor Angela Merkel at a meeting in Berlin on Friday that his country needs "time to breathe" before it can make all the budget cuts and reforms demanded of it. But Rösler insisted in a TV interview on Sunday that "time is always money".
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: VB.NET SQL CSS Develop...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£21000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Graduate QA/Graduate T...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (MySQL, ...