Turkish army sets out to recruit the perfect woman
The Turkish military is seeking two "physically perfect" women under the age of 25, both of whom must be "firm", "robust" and "flawless" in every respect, according to the Turkish daily newspaper Vatan.
Requirements for the position of cellist and violinist with the Turkish Armed Forces also include a minimum weight of 48kg. But while applicants must have "proper body structures", the successful candidates, who will begin active duty at the end of August with the rank of sergeant, will not serve in combat.
It is not clear why the military needs its musicians to meet such exacting guidelines. However, some have mischievously suggested that the presence of the young women may help reinvigorate Turkey's officer corps.
Dozens of officers have been detained in recent years on often suspicious evidence over allegations of plotting a coup against the ruling Justice and Development Party, seen by many in Turkey to be out of step with the country's secular values.
Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Brazil kicks off: World Cup excess draws hundreds of thousands to street protests
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 4 Viral video straps colt .45 handgun to a home-use drone
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
Negotiable Depending on Experience: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green R...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: Dear Sumadhab, A growing engineering comp...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Ilford: We are currently recruiting for a Year ...