Flat Earth: Baldry bhaji
Sunday 11 September 1994
Mr Baldry has a penetrating eye, gleaming teeth and a tie covered with figures that look like those outlines the police draw on the floor around dead people. But the stern ministerial effect is ineffably softened by a pink and orange turban he is wearing for the occasion, with a train falling gracefully down his back. His appearance gratifies not only the guests but also various passers-by and Soho homeless, who gather behind him on the pavement, beyond the plate- glass window. One man, in a T- shirt inscribed 'General Hospital', begins involuntarily to mimic the minister's gestures, demonstrating the bond of feeling that exists between the least advantaged members of society and their government.
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...