Flat Earth: Chinese delicacies
Sunday 13 February 1994
It is, of course, the year of the dog, though we hesitate to recommend roast or boiled puppy as remedy for winter ailments. But we have learned that the latest food crazes in China are maggot extract and ants. The former is described by the leading cadres of the kitchen as 'an appealing and huge new source of nourishment for the 1990s'. Ants, they say, are a 'miniature treasury of nutrition' and hold the key to long life. So next time they attack your sugar bowl, stir them into your tea and you may live to be a hundred. We have no advice on maggots.
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£34999 - £43001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top 10 firm in ...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Software E...
£45000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + 28 days holiday: Harrington Starr: Java In...
£40000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + 28 days holiday: Harrington Starr: Senior ...