Greeks impound goods for Serbia
Saturday 15 April 1995
Athens - Greece confirmed it had impounded part of an oil rig allegedly bound from Iran to Serbia, in violation of UN sanctions. Foreign Ministry sources said that customs officials in Salonica were holding a disassembled oil drill that was in transit for Bulgaria. A sanctions-monitoring mission in Macedonia said local authorities had in the past week seized 12 truck loads of similar machinery. It was not clear if any parts of the shipment were still not accounted for. Macedonia's Foreign Ministry said the republic's authorities had stopped a shipment of Iranian oil rigs bound for Serbia in March and April. AP
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...