Almost 1,000 Iraqis killed in September
Tuesday 01 October 2013
Nearly 1,000 Iraqis were killed in September, one of the highest monthly death tolls in years, the UN has said. The killings reflect the militants’ determination to rekindle large-scale sectarian conflict.
Iraq is going through its worst surge in violence since 2008, with near-daily militant attacks and relentless bombings blamed on hardline Sunni insurgents.
The surge followed a deadly crackdown by the Shia-led government on a Sunni protest camp in northern Iraq in April. More than 5,000 people have been killed since then.
Emma Watson on Jennifer Lawrence nude photo leak: 'Even worse than seeing women's privacy violated is reading the comments'
Jessica Brown Findlay: Downton Abbey actress is linked to list of celebrities targeted by hackers
Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
Ariana Grande nude photos leak: Pictures are completely fake, say representatives
Steven Sotloff 'beheading': British captive shown in Isis video which claims to show death of second US journalist
- 1 David Sedaris: What I learnt from Fitbit about the world around me
- 2 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Cee Lo Green: 'It's only rape if the victim is conscious'
- 5 Katie Hopkins in tears over weight gain challenge: ‘I hate fat people for making me do this’
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: Randstad Education are looking f...
£117 - £157 per day + Competitive London rates based on experience: Randstad E...
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Client-Side...
£120 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: We are urgently looking for an ex...