Arab League votes to suspend Syria from meetings
Saturday 12 November 2011
The Arab League has voted
to suspend Syria from all meetings until Damascus implements an
agreement to end its bloody crackdown against anti-government
Qatar's foreign minister said the suspension will begin on Wednesday and he called on the Syrian army to stop the violence against civilians.
He said 18 countries agreed to today's decision, while Lebanon, Yemen and Syria voted against it and Iraq abstained.
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Eleven members of same family hospitalised after eating deadly pufferfish
Phone-hacking: The Piers Morgan connection - Mirror admits some stories during Morgan's tenure may have been obtained by illegal means
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 1 Revolutionary lost Caravaggio painting 'Mary Magdalen in Ecstasy' identified
- 2 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 5 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...