Bomb explodes near TV offices in Baghdad
Thursday 25 September 2003
A bomb exploded close to the offices of the American TV network NBC in Baghdad today, killing a guard and injuring a sound engingeer.
Iraqi police said the bomb was placed in a hut that housed a generator in a hotel where NBC staff are based.
The Somali guard was killed in his sleep, although damage to the hotel was minimal.
NBC correspondent Jim Avila said there were no signs on the building indicating NBC had quarters there.
A dozen NBC staffers were inside the building when the explosion occurred, and a Canadian soundman, David Moodie, was slightly injured by flying glass.
Mr Moodie said: "A chest of drawers in the room fell on me. I sleep in the room immediately above the generator, so I guess I was lucky."
The television network has four security guards, two from a British firm and two Iraqis hired for night duty.
Actress sees off speculation about her face in an amazing way
Florida mother launched a petition to ban the sale of the dolls
Marvel has released first teaser trailer week early after it leaked online
Ottawa shooting: Canadian soldier dies after being shot at National War Memorial – with one gunman killed inside parliament
Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
Isis releases first video showing the stoning of woman accused of committing adultery as her father shouts 'don't call me Dad'
Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
Diwali 2014: What is the festival of lights and how is it celebrated around the world?
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure' for paralysis
£250 - £300 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: **URGENT CONTRACT** Our...
£80000 - £90000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: Working for an International Mul...
£90 - £140 per day + Mileage and Expenses: Randstad Education Leeds: Sixth for...
£95 - £105 per day: Randstad Education Plymouth: Randstad Education Plymouth i...