Bomb explodes near TV offices in Baghdad
Thursday 25 September 2003
A bomb exploded close to the offices of the American TV network NBC in Baghdad today, killing a guard and injuring a sound engingeer.
Iraqi police said the bomb was placed in a hut that housed a generator in a hotel where NBC staff are based.
The Somali guard was killed in his sleep, although damage to the hotel was minimal.
NBC correspondent Jim Avila said there were no signs on the building indicating NBC had quarters there.
A dozen NBC staffers were inside the building when the explosion occurred, and a Canadian soundman, David Moodie, was slightly injured by flying glass.
Mr Moodie said: "A chest of drawers in the room fell on me. I sleep in the room immediately above the generator, so I guess I was lucky."
The television network has four security guards, two from a British firm and two Iraqis hired for night duty.
Lincoln MP Karl McCartney 'denied all knowledge' of the Twitter activity
Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, GAME, PC World and Argos
Miss Honduras Maria Jose Alvarado's stylist Luis Alfredo Garcia is found stabbed to death
Sean Abbott: Messages of support flood in for bowler following death of batsman Phil Hughes
Dr Lam Hoe Yeoh: Voyeur doctor jailed for eight years after using network of hidden cameras to film patients, colleagues and friends on the toilet
'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 1 Sean Abbott: Messages of support flood in for bowler following death of batsman Phil Hughes
- 2 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 3 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 4 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 5 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: What do you want to do with your career? Do yo...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This company is a leading expert in immunoassa...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Development Scientist is required to join a ...
£25000 - £100000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join...