Bomb explodes near TV offices in Baghdad
Thursday 25 September 2003
A bomb exploded close to the offices of the American TV network NBC in Baghdad today, killing a guard and injuring a sound engingeer.
Iraqi police said the bomb was placed in a hut that housed a generator in a hotel where NBC staff are based.
The Somali guard was killed in his sleep, although damage to the hotel was minimal.
NBC correspondent Jim Avila said there were no signs on the building indicating NBC had quarters there.
A dozen NBC staffers were inside the building when the explosion occurred, and a Canadian soundman, David Moodie, was slightly injured by flying glass.
Mr Moodie said: "A chest of drawers in the room fell on me. I sleep in the room immediately above the generator, so I guess I was lucky."
The television network has four security guards, two from a British firm and two Iraqis hired for night duty.
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
£40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: SQL Impl...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: SQL Technical ...
£85000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Head of IT (Windows, Server, VMware, SAN, ...
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Lead C# Develo...