Death sentence for Israeli spy
Wednesday 14 July 2010
A lebanese man accused of spying for Israel and giving the Jewish state security information it used during its 34-day war with Hizbollah in 2006 was sentenced to death yesterday.
Ali Mantash appeared in court in Beirut on the same day that prosecutors charged Charbel Qazzi, a manager at the state mobile telephone company Alfa, with spying for Jerusalem.
A broad espionage investigation has led to more than 50 arrests since April 2009. Mantash is the second Lebanese to face the death penalty for spying for Israel, which has not commented on either case.
Newcastle winger is in Argentina having chemotherapy
Actors star in Woody Allen's 'Magic in the Moonlight'
Human faces unique 'because we don't recognise each other by smell'
Man's attempt to avoid being impounded heavily criticised
Returning to the stage after 20 years makes actress feel 'nauseous'
Islamic State: Pope is 'being targeted by Isis', Iraqi ambassador to the Holy See warns
Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton nude pictures exhibition cancelled after artist concedes photos were 'stolen property'
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Richard III: Two years after his body was found scientists discover how he died
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
- 4 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 5 Kanye West halts concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum + excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Lt...
£110 - £130 per day + D.O.E - Competitive Rates: Randstad Education Maidstone:...
This is an unpaid voluntary role.: Cancer Research UK: We need motivational vo...
£1 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Job Purpose To work closely with the he...