Death sentence for Israeli spy
Wednesday 14 July 2010
A lebanese man accused of spying for Israel and giving the Jewish state security information it used during its 34-day war with Hizbollah in 2006 was sentenced to death yesterday.
Ali Mantash appeared in court in Beirut on the same day that prosecutors charged Charbel Qazzi, a manager at the state mobile telephone company Alfa, with spying for Jerusalem.
A broad espionage investigation has led to more than 50 arrests since April 2009. Mantash is the second Lebanese to face the death penalty for spying for Israel, which has not commented on either case.
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
Isis releases first video showing the stoning of woman accused of committing adultery as her father shouts 'don't call me Dad'
Diwali: What is the festival of lights – and how is it celebrated around the world?
Nathan Cirillo: Final pictures emerge of soldier moments before he was shot dead by Ottowa gunman
Ottawa shootings: Terror strikes Canadian capital as attacks leave one soldier and one suspect dead
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough
£19200 - £33600 per annum + pre 12 week AWR : Randstad Education Manchester Se...
Main Teacher Pay Scale : Randstad Education Leeds: Physics Teacher January 201...
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: General Cover Teachers required ...
Main Pay Scale : Randstad Education Leeds: Maths Teacher Required This Catholi...