Four killed by bomb at Baghdad TV office
Monday 26 July 2010
Four people were killed today when a car bomb exploded in front of the Baghdad office of Arabic-language satellite TV channel Al-Arabiya, Iraq police said.
Majid Hamid, a Baghdad-based correspondent for the Saudi Arabia-owned, Dubai-based channel, said the bomber was able to pass through the first security gate and detonated the bomb near the channel's office.
He said some guards suffered serious injuries, but did not specify how many.
Police spokesman Major General Qassim al-Moussawi said four people were killed in the blast.
Al-Arabiya is among the most popular Arabic TV news stations.
Eleven members of same family hospitalised after eating deadly pufferfish
Oscar Pistorius was 'gun-toting', 'trigger-happy' and 'combustible' claims Reeva's mother
Phone-hacking: The Piers Morgan connection - Mirror admits some stories during Morgan's tenure may have been obtained by illegal means
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...