Gazans try to storm Egyptian border crossing
Palestinian travellers say dozens of angry Gazans attempted to storm a crossing at the Egyptian border but were pushed back.
The commotion came just a week after Egypt permanently reopened the crossing and lifted travel restrictions on the Gaza Strip.
Several travelers at the Rafah crossing say about 200 people waited to cross into Egypt today but were denied entry.
Dozens then pushed up against a terminal fence, until Hamas forces cordoned off the area. The witnesses spoke on condition of anonymity, fearing for their own safe passage.
It wasn't immediately clear why the Gazans were prevented from crossing into Egypt.
Gaza's Hamas rulers have complained that despite Egypt's ending of its four-year blockade, there are still limitations on Palestinian travel.
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how Corporation is funded
Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
Someone has actually got a tattoo of that dress
PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
White and gold or blue and black – what colour is the dress? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Dakota Johnson's 'It's only Isis' Saturday Night Live sketch sparks controversy
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
£19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Based in South Kensington, this prestigi...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Established managed services IT...
£15000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Advisor is r...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This well established construction equipment d...