Iran blocks British government website
Friday 23 December 2011
Iran has blocked access to a British government website aimed at Iranian audiences in a new act of aggression against the UK, Britain's Foreign Secretary said yesterday.
William Hague claimed that the website – the online presence of Britain's now shuttered embassy in Tehran – had been deliberately targeted following the storming of Britain's embassy by demonstrators last month.
The website contained information for Iranians hoping to visit Britain. "This action is counterproductive and ill-judged," Mr Hague said. It provided further proof of "the Iranian government's dire record on freedom of speech and human rights".
Weather bomb in pictures: Storms cuts power for tens of thousands – and snow is on the way
Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
Russell Brand was rendered speechless on Question Time by this man
Fury at Airbus after it hints the super-jumbo may be mothballed
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We have an excellent role for a...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An IT Support Analyst is required to join the ...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: SURREY - An outstanding high level opportunity...
Very Competitive Salary : Austen Lloyd: NICHE CITY FIRM - We are making a disc...