Iraq: Stroke leaves President in a coma
Tuesday 18 December 2012
The Iraqi President, Jalal Talabani, was reported to be critically ill in hospital yesterday after suffering a stroke.
Mr Talabani, a Kurd who has mediated among Shia, Sunni and Kurdish parties, has been an influential peace-maker who often eased tensions in the fragile power-sharing government.
While three government sources said he was critically ill, his office said the 79-year-old President was stable but under intensive medical supervision after receiving treatment for blocked arteries. He has been suffering from ill health for most of this year.
The Microsoft mogul told fans a few home truths during his Reddit AMA
First full-length look is finally here
Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
Boris Johnson claims porn-obsessed Islamic jihadists are 'literally w*****s'
Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
Teenager brandishing fake gun taken down by police after demanding airtime on Netherlands' NOS TV station
Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
£12500 - £13000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The largest independent Reprogr...
£6240 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is a well established websit...
£120 - £145 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: French & German Teacher X2 Materni...
£25000 - £32500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Based in SW London, this compan...