Israel split on Arab victims' payments
Thursday 01 September 2005
The Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon went out of his way after the murders to say the act was "terrorism" and suggest that relatives of the victims should get the same monthly payments as Jewish victims of Palestinian attacks. But a ministerial committee decided this week that they would not be counted as terrorism victims because they were killed by a an ex-soldier who was acting alone.
Labour Knesset member, Yuli Tamir, wants to amend the law to ensure the definition of "terrorism" should cover anyone killed as a result of actions aimed at foiling government policy.
* The Knesset has approved a deal to hand control of a buffer zone on the Gaza-Egypt border to Egyptian forces after Israel completes its Gaza pullout.
The deal allows the deployment of 750 Egyptian police on Egypt's side of the Gaza frontier to replace Israeli troops in the "Philadelphi Corridor".
Singer was ordered not to 'blow her rape whistle' in song 'Vegas'
Mr and Mrs Smith star admits she's 'never been comfortable on-screen'
Co-creator Mark Gatiss dropped some very intriguing hints ahead of the BBC drama's return next year
It is a crazy place to play in summer, writes Paul Scholes
It was all about Liz’s cocaine-fuelled brainwave, 'The Metwork'
Duchess of Alba dead: Billionaire Spanish duchess who lived life by her own rules, dies at 88
These grandmas smoking weed for the first time are wonderful
Mike Nichols dead: The Graduate director dies suddenly following cardiac arrest
Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
US fire chief caught on camera 'refusing to help crash victims because they're black'
- 1 American-born Boris Johnson refuses to pay hefty US tax bill
- 2 Lee Evans announces his retirement from comedy on The Jonathan Ross Show
- 3 John Smid: Former leader of US ‘gay cure’ group has just married a man
- 4 These grandmas smoking weed for the first time are wonderful
- 5 Pastafarian former porn star Asia Lemmon allowed to wear colander in driving licence photo
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Argyll Scott International: Senior Perl...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - A VERY HIGH QUALITY FIRM - A high qu...
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£18000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has bec...