Israel split on Arab victims' payments
Thursday 01 September 2005
The Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon went out of his way after the murders to say the act was "terrorism" and suggest that relatives of the victims should get the same monthly payments as Jewish victims of Palestinian attacks. But a ministerial committee decided this week that they would not be counted as terrorism victims because they were killed by a an ex-soldier who was acting alone.
Labour Knesset member, Yuli Tamir, wants to amend the law to ensure the definition of "terrorism" should cover anyone killed as a result of actions aimed at foiling government policy.
* The Knesset has approved a deal to hand control of a buffer zone on the Gaza-Egypt border to Egyptian forces after Israel completes its Gaza pullout.
The deal allows the deployment of 750 Egyptian police on Egypt's side of the Gaza frontier to replace Israeli troops in the "Philadelphi Corridor".
President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
Downfall of Dustin 'Screech' Diamond, the 'Saved By The Bell' star charged with bar stabbing
Syrian teenager Usaid Barho reveals how he escaped from Isis using a suicide vest
Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Doctors remove 80 teeth from boy's jaw
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 Naomi Wolf reacts to Isis 'conspiracy theories' critism after she questions whether beheading videos are real
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: *Flexible working in a relaxed ...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This accountancy firm have an e...
£17000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Junior Mobile Application Devel...
£23000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This national Company that manu...