Israeli forces and Gaza militants exchange fire
Monday 08 October 2012
Officials say Israel and Hamas militants have exchanged fire in the most serious flare-up in months on the Jewish state's border with the Gaza Strip.
An Israeli army spokeswoman says Palestinian militants fired around 30 rockets today. Gaza's Interior Ministry says Israel's military launched around 20 missiles, mostly toward targets in the southern Gaza city of Khan Younis.
Palestinian health official Ashraf al-Kidra says that five people were injured.
The exchange of fire began after Israel launched an airstrike into southern Gaza on Sunday night targeting two men, killing one. Israel says they were militant jihadists responsible for attacks.
Gaza's militant Hamas rulers have not confirmed the targeted men's identity.
Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
Seth Rogen compiles list of all the celebrities he’s got high with
Oscar Pistorius trial: Photographs of Paralympian splattered in blood after Reeva Steenkamp shooting shown in court
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Jet ‘hijacking’ began soon after take-off
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: New radar evidence suggests missing plane may have been hijacked
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Best films on Netflix: 32 movies that will put an end to your scrolling
- 3 Istanbul protesters take 'Ellen selfie' from the back of a police van
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Jet ‘hijacking’ began soon after take-off
- 5 Lady Gaga has struggled with eating disorders in the past, so it's indefensible that she's glamourising bulimia in her SXSW set
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Charter Selection: This well respected and exciting...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Charter Selection: This exciting company and market...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + EXCELLENT SALARY: Austen Lloyd: Senior Private Cli...
£25,000 to £35,000: IT Connections Ltd: Signal Processing Engineer / Acoustics...