Israeli PM's son insults Muslims on Facebook
Saturday 25 June 2011
The Israeli Prime Minister's 19-year-old son posted disparaging comments about Arabs and Muslims on his Facebook page, an Israeli paper reported yesterday.
Earlier this year, Yair Netanyahu posted that Muslims "celebrate hate and death," the Haaretz daily said. After Palestinian assailants entered a West Bank settlement and stabbed five members of an Israeli family to death, he wrote that "terror has a religion and it is Islam".
Yair Netanyahu, the eldest of Benjamin Netanyahu's two sons, is currently a soldier in the Israeli military's media liaison unit. A lawyer for the Netanyahu family, David Shimron, said the comments were those of a "teenager" and were "taken out of context in an attempt to defame the Prime Minister and his family".
The Prime Minister's son also ran a Facebook group that called for a boycott of Arab businesses, and used obscenities to describe Arabs. Haaretz said the comments were removed within hours of the paper's request for a response from the Prime Minister's representatives.
Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
Gary Glitter sentenced to 16 years in jail for historic sex attacks on schoolgirls
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Madonna claims jokes about her age tantamount to racism: 'No one would dare to say a degrading remark about being black'
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
salary equal to £40K pro-rata: Sauce Recruitment: Are you available to start a...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Creative Front-End Developer - Claph...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The role in this successful eco...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: QA Tester - London - £30,000 QA Tes...