Israeli settler family stabbed
Saturday 12 March 2011
The Israeli military says it will "bring to justice" the Palestinian attackers who stabbed five members of an Israeli family to death as they slept in a West Bank settlement.
Avi Mizrachi, commander of the military's Central Command, spoke today a few hours after the grisly attack. "This was a very harsh terror attack, a whole family was wiped out by despicable cowardly murderers who came in the dead of night and killed innocent children, a woman and man as they slept," Mizrachi said.
The attack on Friday at the settlement of Itamar is the first against settlers in months and the first of its kind and scope in years.
It comes as Israeli-Palestinian peace efforts are at a standstill and could complicate efforts to restart them.
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
£400000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Energy Markets An...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...
£22000 - £23000 per annum: Randstad Education Bristol: We are currently recrui...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: We are currently r...