Jewish settlers suspected of mosque blaze
Monday 03 October 2011
Jewish settlers or their supporters were suspected of setting a mosque in an Arab village in northern Israel on fire.
Graffiti on the walls pointed to settler involvement, said police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld.
He said a carpet was burned and interior walls damaged at the mosque in Tuba-Zangria in the Galilee region. Israel Radio also reported that Korans were burned.
Mr Rosenfeld said the words "price tag" were spray painted on the building - a reference to a settler practice of attacking Palestinians and their property in retaliation for government operations against settlements.
Several weeks ago the government destroyed unauthorised structures in an illegal settlement outpost in the West Bank - an operation that was followed immediately by another mosque blaze.
Bill Clinton portrait features Monica Lewinsky reference, artist admits
Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
Pornhub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 3 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Average penis size revealed: Scientists attempt to find what is 'normal' to reassure concerned men
£16000 - £46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£9 - £13 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity to join a s...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Have you got a proven track rec...
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...